Monday, February 27, 2012

"Take Me out to the Ball Game"

Never in a million years did I ever imagine that I would be a Baseball Mom. We tried baseball with our oldest son Andre that only lasted about 1 season when he was about 8 years old he is now 18. He was never that much into it and he blamed it on the fact that his dad was way too hard on him.

Then there is Marcus he is the baby in our family. Marcus has been playing baseball since he was 8 years old and he is now 11. He quickly adapted to being comfortable with the game, considering he was a late starter because we skipped T-ball. Well for the past almost 4 years, he has played year -round baseball (i.e. fall ball, spring ball & all stars) the joyfulness of living in Florida.

Currently he is on 2 teams a rec team and advanced team, which consists of practices, scrimmages and games 5 out of the 7 days! Just writing it has me tired LOL. Just yesterday, we had a double header for the advanced team, which meant we were at the ballpark for 6 hours exactly. But you know what? Seeing my little man shine on the field makes it all worthwhile and I would not trade it for the world.

Six Hours of ball playing in the rain = one tired boy!







4 comments:

  1. I cannot wait until I get to enjoy days like these.

    This was my life growing up with my 2 younger brothers. I have such fond memories.

    Mommy Sauri~
    http://casadesauri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! He's one busy little guy! Sounds like he really enjoys it though. Thanks for stopping by last week! I believe I'm following you on Linky followers now. Have a great Tuesday!
    Michelle
    Heartfelt Balance Handmade Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post :))) Lovely blog you have here.. I am stopping in via Linky followers hop to follow ya with smiles & GFC.. Hope you can stop in and follow back sometime.. I'm Marilyn via http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com ... wishing ya a great evening.. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following from the Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop:) Follow back if you want to at www.rockpaperscissorscreate.blogspot.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete